Saturday 9 October 2010

Rules






There are natural rules and artificial rules,
Natural rules is based on the fact, such as math, physics, science and etc.
Artificial rules is based on the arbitrary decision of some human-being, such as law.

I used to study political science in Keio University in Japan, and especially interested in international politics.
I read the book written by Hedley Bull , "Anarchical Society" (1995).
He insists that the international state is basically anarchy, but the world order is maintained by the common benefit of each nations in the world.
Thus, we have a nature of trying to generate the order in the state of chaos, and the order is maintained by rules.

It's interesting that people started to believe in these rules as granted, and sometimes obsessed with them.
Artificial rules are essentially fiction and based on nothing.

On the other hand, natural rules are based on fact.
I found it interesting when I noticed that our body is ramified, same as trees.
The nature apparently have the order, and the order is not arbitrary. It's absolute, no exceptions.
I'm so attracted by its mystique.

Japanese artist Hitoshi Nomura observed the orbit of the moon throughout a year and found it forms the sign of infinity.
When I saw this work, I was so impressed to the extent of getting my skin crawled, because I felt that some god-wise figure exists behind the order of nature.

Invisible rules sometimes reveal a part of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment