Thursday 24 February 2011

Catch up



Alright, so my project is about utilising the data abandoned on the internet. There are gigantic amount of database out there, and they are potentially useful. Then, what I'm aiming at is to sort of recycle the information.

I build the programs which read the noise and convert it into links, getting some data from the internet. These programs use the data of wikipedia and create and interaction between people and the data that we don't usually look at.

That's why I came across the idea of 'physical search engine'. If I can make interface interesting enough to invite people, they would have the occasion where they see some potentially useful information without feeling like 'learning' or 'being forced'.

I just finished the presentation yesterday, and now I'm sort of looking back at where I started.
I started with focusing on SNS because I was interested in the live feeds people created online. We don't necessarily have a look at facebook, or twitter in order to catch some information on there, rather, we use SNS to put ourselves in the surge created by users. We want to feel the ambient sociality to reconfirm that you are not out of your society.

What should physical search engine search for? Instead of typing the letters into a form, me and my fellow decided to have dials. I'm picturing it as looks like radio.

Maybe this search engine searches for people's online activity, but not in terms of literal, or intrusive communication, but maybe in terms of ambient sociality.

No comments:

Post a Comment